Make Delhi greenest capital in the world: Sheila
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday asked the citizens to provide "affectionate
care" to nearly one million saplings planted across the city
under a special drive last year and sought their cooperation
in making Delhi the greenest capital in the world.
"Nurture all planted saplings with an affectionate care,"
Dikshit said addressing the concluding session of a two day
Asking the citizens to help expand the green cover, she
said adequate emphasis should be given to ensure survival of
the saplings planted during the monsoon last year.
She also called upon MCD, NDMC and horticulture
department to provide citizens tips on increasing survival
rate of the planted saplings.
The workshop was attended by representatives of 62 RWAs
and officials of MCD, NDMC, PWD, Horticulture Deapartment and
the Delhi Park and Garden Society.
She said government wants to make the Delhi one of the
cleanest cities in the world and an exclusive campaign on
cleanliness will be launched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics