Make Delhi greenest capital in the world: Sheila
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday asked the citizens to provide "affectionate
care" to nearly one million saplings planted across the city
under a special drive last year and sought their cooperation
in making Delhi the greenest capital in the world.
"Nurture all planted saplings with an affectionate care,"
Dikshit said addressing the concluding session of a two day
Asking the citizens to help expand the green cover, she
said adequate emphasis should be given to ensure survival of
the saplings planted during the monsoon last year.
She also called upon MCD, NDMC and horticulture
department to provide citizens tips on increasing survival
rate of the planted saplings.
The workshop was attended by representatives of 62 RWAs
and officials of MCD, NDMC, PWD, Horticulture Deapartment and
the Delhi Park and Garden Society.
She said government wants to make the Delhi one of the
cleanest cities in the world and an exclusive campaign on
cleanliness will be launched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah