Make Delhi greenest capital in the world: Sheila
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday asked the citizens to provide "affectionate
care" to nearly one million saplings planted across the city
under a special drive last year and sought their cooperation
in making Delhi the greenest capital in the world.
"Nurture all planted saplings with an affectionate care,"
Dikshit said addressing the concluding session of a two day
Asking the citizens to help expand the green cover, she
said adequate emphasis should be given to ensure survival of
the saplings planted during the monsoon last year.
She also called upon MCD, NDMC and horticulture
department to provide citizens tips on increasing survival
rate of the planted saplings.
The workshop was attended by representatives of 62 RWAs
and officials of MCD, NDMC, PWD, Horticulture Deapartment and
the Delhi Park and Garden Society.
She said government wants to make the Delhi one of the
cleanest cities in the world and an exclusive campaign on
cleanliness will be launched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing