Make Delhi greenest capital in the world: Sheila
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday asked the citizens to provide "affectionate
care" to nearly one million saplings planted across the city
under a special drive last year and sought their cooperation
in making Delhi the greenest capital in the world.
"Nurture all planted saplings with an affectionate care,"
Dikshit said addressing the concluding session of a two day
Asking the citizens to help expand the green cover, she
said adequate emphasis should be given to ensure survival of
the saplings planted during the monsoon last year.
She also called upon MCD, NDMC and horticulture
department to provide citizens tips on increasing survival
rate of the planted saplings.
The workshop was attended by representatives of 62 RWAs
and officials of MCD, NDMC, PWD, Horticulture Deapartment and
the Delhi Park and Garden Society.
She said government wants to make the Delhi one of the
cleanest cities in the world and an exclusive campaign on
cleanliness will be launched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security