‘Make shelter, drinking water a fundamental right’
New Delhi: A measure, which seeks to make right to shelter and safe drinking water a fundamental right was among the 17 Private Members` Bills introduced in Lok Sabha on Friday.
The other bills introduced include the one, which proposes to set up an authority to supply nutritious food to the neglected.
The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2011 tabled by C R Patil (BJP) seeks to add two articles in the Constitution to provide right to shelter and right to safe drinking water.
The Eradication of Malnutrition Bill, 2011 introduced by Bhakta Charan Das (Cong) proposes to set up an authority to provide nutritious food to the neglected and members of families living below poverty line.
P L Punia (Cong) introduced the Mega Projects (Timely Completion) Bill, 2011, while Manish Tewari (Cong) introduced a bill to further to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Other bills included one, on prevention of cruelty to animals and a bill for providing special insurance to safai karmacharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year