‘Make shelter, drinking water a fundamental right’
New Delhi: A measure, which seeks to make right to shelter and safe drinking water a fundamental right was among the 17 Private Members` Bills introduced in Lok Sabha on Friday.
The other bills introduced include the one, which proposes to set up an authority to supply nutritious food to the neglected.
The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2011 tabled by C R Patil (BJP) seeks to add two articles in the Constitution to provide right to shelter and right to safe drinking water.
The Eradication of Malnutrition Bill, 2011 introduced by Bhakta Charan Das (Cong) proposes to set up an authority to provide nutritious food to the neglected and members of families living below poverty line.
P L Punia (Cong) introduced the Mega Projects (Timely Completion) Bill, 2011, while Manish Tewari (Cong) introduced a bill to further to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Other bills included one, on prevention of cruelty to animals and a bill for providing special insurance to safai karmacharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP