‘Make shelter, drinking water a fundamental right’
New Delhi: A measure, which seeks to make right to shelter and safe drinking water a fundamental right was among the 17 Private Members` Bills introduced in Lok Sabha on Friday.
The other bills introduced include the one, which proposes to set up an authority to supply nutritious food to the neglected.
The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2011 tabled by C R Patil (BJP) seeks to add two articles in the Constitution to provide right to shelter and right to safe drinking water.
The Eradication of Malnutrition Bill, 2011 introduced by Bhakta Charan Das (Cong) proposes to set up an authority to provide nutritious food to the neglected and members of families living below poverty line.
P L Punia (Cong) introduced the Mega Projects (Timely Completion) Bill, 2011, while Manish Tewari (Cong) introduced a bill to further to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Other bills included one, on prevention of cruelty to animals and a bill for providing special insurance to safai karmacharis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city