‘Make shelter, drinking water a fundamental right’
New Delhi: A measure, which seeks to make right to shelter and safe drinking water a fundamental right was among the 17 Private Members` Bills introduced in Lok Sabha on Friday.
The other bills introduced include the one, which proposes to set up an authority to supply nutritious food to the neglected.
The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2011 tabled by C R Patil (BJP) seeks to add two articles in the Constitution to provide right to shelter and right to safe drinking water.
The Eradication of Malnutrition Bill, 2011 introduced by Bhakta Charan Das (Cong) proposes to set up an authority to provide nutritious food to the neglected and members of families living below poverty line.
P L Punia (Cong) introduced the Mega Projects (Timely Completion) Bill, 2011, while Manish Tewari (Cong) introduced a bill to further to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Other bills included one, on prevention of cruelty to animals and a bill for providing special insurance to safai karmacharis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case