Maken urges Najeeb Jung to put in place a transparent posting policy
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary and former Union Minister Ajay Maken on Wednesday urged the Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung to put in place a transparent transfer and posting policy.
In a letter to Jung, Maken said, "Arbitrary postings and transfer of government officials in any grade are influenced by considerations other than the capacity to effectively deliver...Which result in a setup that is characterized by corruption and general apathy towards people."
"Basic tenets like fixed tenure, ability to perform and concurrent performance evaluation during the tenure should lie at the base of any such policy," he stressed.
While lauding Jung`s efforts of streamlining the bureaucratic functioning, Maken said that the departments and agencies that affect people`s lives and primarily involve public dealings need positive interventions at the earliest.
"The Delhi Jal Board (DJB), Departments of Value Added Taxes (VAT), Excise, Food and Civil Supplies, Weights and Measures, Transport and Revenue etc. Need a rational performance based and people centric transfers...As it is in these departments that common people at large face the most harassment," Maken said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands