Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Purohit writes to PM for justice
New Delhi: Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Shrikant Purohit has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi claiming that the almost six-year-old case against him was "fabricated" by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS).
"I have been under imprisonment for the last five years and seven months. The case is yet to come up for hearing and hence far away from coming to any conclusion... The entire case against me is fabricated and supported by stage-managed and planted evidences," he wrote.
In the letter, he alleged that the "Maharashtra ATS created terrorists out of innocent and patriotic lot of sons of soil for the reasons best known to them and their policy matters".
Purohit claimed that in the Army court of inquiry, two Army personnel have stated that they had apprehended a Maharashtra Police official planting false evidences at the house of one of the accused.
He appealed for an early hearing for himself and others like him who are in jail.
Purohit, arrested in November 2008 for the Mecca Masjid blast in Malegaon, said he has been in jail as an undertrial for over five years without bail and despite the National Investigation Agency (NIA) taking over the case in April 2011, no charge sheet has been filed by it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues