Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Purohit writes to PM for justice
New Delhi: Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Shrikant Purohit has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi claiming that the almost six-year-old case against him was "fabricated" by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS).
"I have been under imprisonment for the last five years and seven months. The case is yet to come up for hearing and hence far away from coming to any conclusion... The entire case against me is fabricated and supported by stage-managed and planted evidences," he wrote.
In the letter, he alleged that the "Maharashtra ATS created terrorists out of innocent and patriotic lot of sons of soil for the reasons best known to them and their policy matters".
Purohit claimed that in the Army court of inquiry, two Army personnel have stated that they had apprehended a Maharashtra Police official planting false evidences at the house of one of the accused.
He appealed for an early hearing for himself and others like him who are in jail.
Purohit, arrested in November 2008 for the Mecca Masjid blast in Malegaon, said he has been in jail as an undertrial for over five years without bail and despite the National Investigation Agency (NIA) taking over the case in April 2011, no charge sheet has been filed by it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis