Man accused of impersonating PM, Lalu walks out on bail
New Delhi: A man accused of making hoax calls to demand favours and money by impersonating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad has been granted bail by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma allowed accused 33-year-old Krishan Kumar, an ex-employee of T-Series Super Cassettes Industries, to walk out of jail but restrained him from leaving the national capital.
"The main allegation against Krishan as it stands as on date is related to making extortion calls to the complainant`s manager namely Vir Singh in conspiracy with co-accused Vikas Dutt Sharma who has already been admitted to bail," the court said.
"Accused is running in judicial custody since September 23 and no further police custody remand was required by the IO, hence it appears that investigation qua him is complete and no useful purpose is going to be served by detaining him any further as his voice samples have already been taken," it said.
In an FIR registered in September, the firm`s director Ved Prakash Chanana said he had been flooded with hoax calls for the past few months. Chanana, a resident of Greater Kailash-II, alleged that the accused persons had also impersonated BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha and former Union minister Raghupati Sevugan, among others.
"Accused Krishan Kumar is admitted to bail on furnishing personal bond in the sum of Rs 50,000 with one surety in the like amount with the condition that he shall report to the IO (investigating officer) in his office fortnightly and shall not leave the territory of NCR (national capital region) without giving prior intimation to IO and shall not hamper the investigation and intimidate any witness and shall join the probe as and when so directed by the IO," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog