Man accused of impersonating PM, Lalu walks out on bail
New Delhi: A man accused of making hoax calls to demand favours and money by impersonating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad has been granted bail by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma allowed accused 33-year-old Krishan Kumar, an ex-employee of T-Series Super Cassettes Industries, to walk out of jail but restrained him from leaving the national capital.
"The main allegation against Krishan as it stands as on date is related to making extortion calls to the complainant`s manager namely Vir Singh in conspiracy with co-accused Vikas Dutt Sharma who has already been admitted to bail," the court said.
"Accused is running in judicial custody since September 23 and no further police custody remand was required by the IO, hence it appears that investigation qua him is complete and no useful purpose is going to be served by detaining him any further as his voice samples have already been taken," it said.
In an FIR registered in September, the firm`s director Ved Prakash Chanana said he had been flooded with hoax calls for the past few months. Chanana, a resident of Greater Kailash-II, alleged that the accused persons had also impersonated BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha and former Union minister Raghupati Sevugan, among others.
"Accused Krishan Kumar is admitted to bail on furnishing personal bond in the sum of Rs 50,000 with one surety in the like amount with the condition that he shall report to the IO (investigating officer) in his office fortnightly and shall not leave the territory of NCR (national capital region) without giving prior intimation to IO and shall not hamper the investigation and intimidate any witness and shall join the probe as and when so directed by the IO," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad