Man accused of raping his friend gets bail in Delhi
New Delhi: A man accused of raping his friend on the pretext of marriage has been granted bail by a Delhi court which said whatever happened between them was with the woman`s consent.
Additional Sessions Judge Vinay Kumar Khanna released the 30-year-old man on bail on "furnishing a personal bond in the sum of Rs 25,000 with one surety of the like amount".
"On asking, complainant submits that she had lodged the complaint as applicant/accused was not marrying with her and since the year 2006, she had established physical relations with him on her own will and choice.
"On considering the totality of facts and circumstances noticed above, the accused is admitted to bail..," the court said.
The man, a driver by profession, was arrested on April 3 from South Delhi after the girl had lodged a case that she was sexually assaulted by him on the pretext of marriage.
The prosecution said she was having an affair with the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital