Man accused of raping his friend gets bail in Delhi
New Delhi: A man accused of raping his friend on the pretext of marriage has been granted bail by a Delhi court which said whatever happened between them was with the woman`s consent.
Additional Sessions Judge Vinay Kumar Khanna released the 30-year-old man on bail on "furnishing a personal bond in the sum of Rs 25,000 with one surety of the like amount".
"On asking, complainant submits that she had lodged the complaint as applicant/accused was not marrying with her and since the year 2006, she had established physical relations with him on her own will and choice.
"On considering the totality of facts and circumstances noticed above, the accused is admitted to bail..," the court said.
The man, a driver by profession, was arrested on April 3 from South Delhi after the girl had lodged a case that she was sexually assaulted by him on the pretext of marriage.
The prosecution said she was having an affair with the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16