Man arrested at IGI for stealing cash from passenger
New Delhi: A man was arrested here for allegedly stealing Rs 35,000 from an elderly passenger at IGI airport here, police said on Sunday.
Mohan Kirshan, who hails from Fatehgarh in Punjab, was apprehended by CISF personnel from IGI airport yesterday after the 62-year-old victim informed them that Rs 35,000 was missing from his hand bag.
The victim Swaraj Singh Anand had reached the airport on Friday night but as his flight was rescheduled to yesterday morning, he decided to stay at the departure terminal.
Around 5 am yesterday, a senior police official said, CISF personnel approached him with his hand bag and PAN card asking whether it was his.
He checked it and then said that Rs 35,000 was missing from it.
The CISF personnel then conducted a search and apprehended Krishan from whom they allegedly recovered the stolen cash.
A case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?