Man arrested at IGI for stealing cash from passenger
New Delhi: A man was arrested here for allegedly stealing Rs 35,000 from an elderly passenger at IGI airport here, police said on Sunday.
Mohan Kirshan, who hails from Fatehgarh in Punjab, was apprehended by CISF personnel from IGI airport yesterday after the 62-year-old victim informed them that Rs 35,000 was missing from his hand bag.
The victim Swaraj Singh Anand had reached the airport on Friday night but as his flight was rescheduled to yesterday morning, he decided to stay at the departure terminal.
Around 5 am yesterday, a senior police official said, CISF personnel approached him with his hand bag and PAN card asking whether it was his.
He checked it and then said that Rs 35,000 was missing from it.
The CISF personnel then conducted a search and apprehended Krishan from whom they allegedly recovered the stolen cash.
A case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen