Man arrested at IGI for stealing cash from passenger
New Delhi: A man was arrested here for allegedly stealing Rs 35,000 from an elderly passenger at IGI airport here, police said on Sunday.
Mohan Kirshan, who hails from Fatehgarh in Punjab, was apprehended by CISF personnel from IGI airport yesterday after the 62-year-old victim informed them that Rs 35,000 was missing from his hand bag.
The victim Swaraj Singh Anand had reached the airport on Friday night but as his flight was rescheduled to yesterday morning, he decided to stay at the departure terminal.
Around 5 am yesterday, a senior police official said, CISF personnel approached him with his hand bag and PAN card asking whether it was his.
He checked it and then said that Rs 35,000 was missing from it.
The CISF personnel then conducted a search and apprehended Krishan from whom they allegedly recovered the stolen cash.
A case was registered against him.
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan