Man arrested at IGI with 5.1 kg of heroin
New Delhi: A Mali national was arrested at
the Indira Gandhi International airport here allegedly with
5.1 kg of heroin with a street value of around Rs 5.2 crore,
officials said today.
Abdoulaye Coulibaly was apprehended by Narcotics
Control Bureau with help from CISF and Delhi International
Airport Limited officials while he was about to board a
Spicejet flight to Hyderabad from the capital.
Officials recovered 5.160 kg of heroin of south-west
Asian origin from his possession.
During interrogation, officials claimed, Coulibaly told
them that he was a carrier for drugs and was supposed to
smuggle the consignment from India to Lome, Togo.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav