Man arrested at IGI with gold, goods worth about Rs 16 lakh
New Delhi: A middle-aged man has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here with 190 gm of gold bars and digital cameras.
Rajesh Kumar, who holds a Korean passport, was arrested on Saturday for allegedly carrying two professional digital cameras along with two sets of lens, 48 refurbished mobiles and 190 grams of gold bars (valuing about Rs six lakh), a customs official said.
The value of all the seized goods is about Rs 16 lakh.
Kumar, who is a regular visitor to India, arrived from Seoul via Bangkok. He was also carrying Indian currency Rs 90,135 in excess of permissible limit of Rs 7,500, the official said.
"The goods along with the currency have been seized and the passenger has been arrested as per the provisions of Customs Act. He was later granted bail," the official said adding the further investigations are under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!