Man arrested at IGI with gold, goods worth about Rs 16 lakh
New Delhi: A middle-aged man has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here with 190 gm of gold bars and digital cameras.
Rajesh Kumar, who holds a Korean passport, was arrested on Saturday for allegedly carrying two professional digital cameras along with two sets of lens, 48 refurbished mobiles and 190 grams of gold bars (valuing about Rs six lakh), a customs official said.
The value of all the seized goods is about Rs 16 lakh.
Kumar, who is a regular visitor to India, arrived from Seoul via Bangkok. He was also carrying Indian currency Rs 90,135 in excess of permissible limit of Rs 7,500, the official said.
"The goods along with the currency have been seized and the passenger has been arrested as per the provisions of Customs Act. He was later granted bail," the official said adding the further investigations are under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof