Man arrested at IGI with gold, goods worth about Rs 16 lakh
New Delhi: A middle-aged man has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here with 190 gm of gold bars and digital cameras.
Rajesh Kumar, who holds a Korean passport, was arrested on Saturday for allegedly carrying two professional digital cameras along with two sets of lens, 48 refurbished mobiles and 190 grams of gold bars (valuing about Rs six lakh), a customs official said.
The value of all the seized goods is about Rs 16 lakh.
Kumar, who is a regular visitor to India, arrived from Seoul via Bangkok. He was also carrying Indian currency Rs 90,135 in excess of permissible limit of Rs 7,500, the official said.
"The goods along with the currency have been seized and the passenger has been arrested as per the provisions of Customs Act. He was later granted bail," the official said adding the further investigations are under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145