Man arrested for impersonating as doctor in Delhi
New Delhi: A 53-year-old man was arrested for posing as a doctor and illegally running a clinic in Munirka in south Delhi, police said on Saturday.
Suresh Verma wanted to become a doctor and save lives of several people but all he could achieve is a degree in ayurveda.
Verma, who has been posing as a doctor for several years, landed in police net recently and confessed that he had never acquired MBBS degree.
The arrest came after police received a specific input that Verma was running a clinic despite not being a registered medical practitioner.
"During interrogation, Verma disclosed that he is a resident of village Munirka. He lost his mother in his childhood due to tuberculosis and since then he had a strong desire to become a doctor.
"In the year 1984, he completed a diploma in ayurveda from Uttar Pradesh. Later he started posing as a doctor and was attending to patients," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics