Man arrested for murder of senior citizen
New Delhi: A 27-year-old has been
arrested for his alleged involvement in the gruesome murder of
a senior citizen over a money matter and suspecting him of
having `bad intentions` towards his wife.
Mukesh Kumar was arrested yesterday for allegedly
murdering Devender Kumar Marwah, 68, on December 4 at his
residence, police said adding the accused had taken a loan
from Marwah and was under pressure to pay up.
The accused was known to Marwah for last six-seven
years as he worked as a driver for Marwah`s son Praveen.
"Kumar had taken a loan from Marwah and had kept his
mobile phone as security with the deceased. Marwah happened
to see the photo of Mukesh`s wife in his mobile and had bad
intention about her," a senior police official said.
Mukesh got to know about it and was annoyed with
Marwah, police said adding, "At the same time the deceased
started pushing the accused for return of his money."
Police said, on December 4 when Mukesh visited Marwah
at his residence, he again started demanding his money.
"Mukesh was already under mental stress and when
Marwah demanded his money back, he attacked him with an iron
pipe and killed him," they said.
The accused took Marwah`s gold rings and chain before
fleeing from the spot, which has been recovered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA