Man arrested for murder of senior citizen
New Delhi: A 27-year-old has been
arrested for his alleged involvement in the gruesome murder of
a senior citizen over a money matter and suspecting him of
having `bad intentions` towards his wife.
Mukesh Kumar was arrested yesterday for allegedly
murdering Devender Kumar Marwah, 68, on December 4 at his
residence, police said adding the accused had taken a loan
from Marwah and was under pressure to pay up.
The accused was known to Marwah for last six-seven
years as he worked as a driver for Marwah`s son Praveen.
"Kumar had taken a loan from Marwah and had kept his
mobile phone as security with the deceased. Marwah happened
to see the photo of Mukesh`s wife in his mobile and had bad
intention about her," a senior police official said.
Mukesh got to know about it and was annoyed with
Marwah, police said adding, "At the same time the deceased
started pushing the accused for return of his money."
Police said, on December 4 when Mukesh visited Marwah
at his residence, he again started demanding his money.
"Mukesh was already under mental stress and when
Marwah demanded his money back, he attacked him with an iron
pipe and killed him," they said.
The accused took Marwah`s gold rings and chain before
fleeing from the spot, which has been recovered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress