Man arrested for raping dancer on pretext of marriage
New Delhi: A private firm executive has been arrested here on the charges of allegedly repeatedly raping a Mumbai-based background dancing artiste on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Friday.
Vipul Juneja, a sales manager in a private company, was arrested after the victim lodged a complaint at Jagatpuri police station here.
In her complaint, the woman, who was residing at Kotla Mubarakpur area here till last year, alleged that she was working in a pharma company where Juneja was also employed.
She had developed good friendship with Juneja and after some time, she left her job here and shifted to Mumbai where she was working as a background dancing artiste.
She alleged that after she shifted to Mumbai, Juneja used to talk to her on phone and he repeatedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Whenever she talked to the accused about their marriage, he used to ignore it after which the woman lodged a complaint, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?