Man arrested for raping dancer on pretext of marriage
New Delhi: A private firm executive has been arrested here on the charges of allegedly repeatedly raping a Mumbai-based background dancing artiste on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Friday.
Vipul Juneja, a sales manager in a private company, was arrested after the victim lodged a complaint at Jagatpuri police station here.
In her complaint, the woman, who was residing at Kotla Mubarakpur area here till last year, alleged that she was working in a pharma company where Juneja was also employed.
She had developed good friendship with Juneja and after some time, she left her job here and shifted to Mumbai where she was working as a background dancing artiste.
She alleged that after she shifted to Mumbai, Juneja used to talk to her on phone and he repeatedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Whenever she talked to the accused about their marriage, he used to ignore it after which the woman lodged a complaint, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...