Man arrested for raping dancer on pretext of marriage
New Delhi: A private firm executive has been arrested here on the charges of allegedly repeatedly raping a Mumbai-based background dancing artiste on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Friday.
Vipul Juneja, a sales manager in a private company, was arrested after the victim lodged a complaint at Jagatpuri police station here.
In her complaint, the woman, who was residing at Kotla Mubarakpur area here till last year, alleged that she was working in a pharma company where Juneja was also employed.
She had developed good friendship with Juneja and after some time, she left her job here and shifted to Mumbai where she was working as a background dancing artiste.
She alleged that after she shifted to Mumbai, Juneja used to talk to her on phone and he repeatedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Whenever she talked to the accused about their marriage, he used to ignore it after which the woman lodged a complaint, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui