Man arrested for raping dancer on pretext of marriage
New Delhi: A private firm executive has been arrested here on the charges of allegedly repeatedly raping a Mumbai-based background dancing artiste on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Friday.
Vipul Juneja, a sales manager in a private company, was arrested after the victim lodged a complaint at Jagatpuri police station here.
In her complaint, the woman, who was residing at Kotla Mubarakpur area here till last year, alleged that she was working in a pharma company where Juneja was also employed.
She had developed good friendship with Juneja and after some time, she left her job here and shifted to Mumbai where she was working as a background dancing artiste.
She alleged that after she shifted to Mumbai, Juneja used to talk to her on phone and he repeatedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Whenever she talked to the accused about their marriage, he used to ignore it after which the woman lodged a complaint, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!