Man arrested for raping tenant
Ghaziabad: A man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly raping a 24-year-old woman, who along with her family, stayed as a tenant in his house in Shalimar Garden area.
The victim, her husband and their three-year-old daughter stayed in the second floor of the house owned by Nazim, Shalimar Garden police outpost in-charge Iftqar Qureshi said.
Nazim raped the woman when she was alone in the house last afternoon, he said, adding the landlord threatened her of dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident.
On the complaint of the victim, a case was registered and the accused arrested, Qureshi said.
The woman has been sent for medical examination, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past