Man arrested for raping tenant
Ghaziabad: A man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly raping a 24-year-old woman, who along with her family, stayed as a tenant in his house in Shalimar Garden area.
The victim, her husband and their three-year-old daughter stayed in the second floor of the house owned by Nazim, Shalimar Garden police outpost in-charge Iftqar Qureshi said.
Nazim raped the woman when she was alone in the house last afternoon, he said, adding the landlord threatened her of dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident.
On the complaint of the victim, a case was registered and the accused arrested, Qureshi said.
The woman has been sent for medical examination, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!