Man arrested for raping woman on false marriage promise
New Delhi: A man was on late Saturday arrested in South Delhi for allegedly raping a 43-year-old woman for the last 19 years on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
The woman filed a complaint at Hauz Khas police station alleging that the accused, Ramesh Pahalwan, had duped her by making false promises of marriage and raped her since 1994.
Pahalwan has been arrested under Section 376 of the IPC from his residence, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list