Man arrested for raping woman on false marriage promise
New Delhi: A man was on late Saturday arrested in South Delhi for allegedly raping a 43-year-old woman for the last 19 years on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
The woman filed a complaint at Hauz Khas police station alleging that the accused, Ramesh Pahalwan, had duped her by making false promises of marriage and raped her since 1994.
Pahalwan has been arrested under Section 376 of the IPC from his residence, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence