Man arrested for raping woman on false marriage promise
New Delhi: A man was on late Saturday arrested in South Delhi for allegedly raping a 43-year-old woman for the last 19 years on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
The woman filed a complaint at Hauz Khas police station alleging that the accused, Ramesh Pahalwan, had duped her by making false promises of marriage and raped her since 1994.
Pahalwan has been arrested under Section 376 of the IPC from his residence, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez