Man arrested for throwing acid on woman
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man was arrested for throwing acid on a woman, police said on Sunday. The woman received some injuries on her lower body.
"The incident occurred Jan 8 morning at Rama Park in west Delhi when Israr forcibly entered the women`s house and tried to molest her. When the woman raised an alarm, he threw the acid at her," said a senior police officer.
The acid, however, fell on her lower body parts after which she fell unconscious.
The neighbours took her to a hospital in west Delhi from where she was later shifted to Safdarjung hospital in south Delhi.
"After her statement was recorded, police arrested the accused from his house Saturday," police officer said.
The accused reportedly revealed during interrogation that the woman had been ignoring his advances due to which he wanted to seek revenge on her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi