Man arrested for throwing acid on woman
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man was arrested for throwing acid on a woman, police said on Sunday. The woman received some injuries on her lower body.
"The incident occurred Jan 8 morning at Rama Park in west Delhi when Israr forcibly entered the women`s house and tried to molest her. When the woman raised an alarm, he threw the acid at her," said a senior police officer.
The acid, however, fell on her lower body parts after which she fell unconscious.
The neighbours took her to a hospital in west Delhi from where she was later shifted to Safdarjung hospital in south Delhi.
"After her statement was recorded, police arrested the accused from his house Saturday," police officer said.
The accused reportedly revealed during interrogation that the woman had been ignoring his advances due to which he wanted to seek revenge on her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'