Man arrested for throwing acid on woman
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man was arrested for throwing acid on a woman, police said on Sunday. The woman received some injuries on her lower body.
"The incident occurred Jan 8 morning at Rama Park in west Delhi when Israr forcibly entered the women`s house and tried to molest her. When the woman raised an alarm, he threw the acid at her," said a senior police officer.
The acid, however, fell on her lower body parts after which she fell unconscious.
The neighbours took her to a hospital in west Delhi from where she was later shifted to Safdarjung hospital in south Delhi.
"After her statement was recorded, police arrested the accused from his house Saturday," police officer said.
The accused reportedly revealed during interrogation that the woman had been ignoring his advances due to which he wanted to seek revenge on her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday