Man arrested in Delhi for hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man was arrested Saturday for making a call to the police saying a bomb had been planted at the Jama Masjid here.
According to police, Chatur Singh alias Lal called up police control room at 7.55 pm Tuesday and said that a bomb would blow up the Jama Masjid in half-an-hour.
"The call created a panic-like situation in the locality. But after a thorough checking, we concluded it was a hoax call," a police officer said.
The accused was arrested from a slum in Inderlok. Singh told police that he made the call in jest.
"Singh and his friends steal mobile phones and dispose them off after making prank calls," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!