Man arrested in Delhi for hoax bomb call
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man was arrested Saturday for making a call to the police saying a bomb had been planted at the Jama Masjid here.
According to police, Chatur Singh alias Lal called up police control room at 7.55 pm Tuesday and said that a bomb would blow up the Jama Masjid in half-an-hour.
"The call created a panic-like situation in the locality. But after a thorough checking, we concluded it was a hoax call," a police officer said.
The accused was arrested from a slum in Inderlok. Singh told police that he made the call in jest.
"Singh and his friends steal mobile phones and dispose them off after making prank calls," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand