Man arrested with fake passport sent to Tihar jail
New Delhi: A man returning from Muscat on a fake passport landed here in Tihar jail as his fake passport, issued in the name of a fugitive criminal with a look-out notice on his head, triggered a major security alert here at IGIA airport on his return.
The man, Mohammed Danish was forced to procure a fake passport in his name as his employer in Muscat had seized his original passport and had virtually held him captive there.
Danish, who reached IGIA Airport from Muscat on the fake passport on June 30, was arrested by the police here and was subsequently remanded in judicial custody for 15 days.
Metropolitan Magistrate Kishor Kumar sent Danish to Tihar Jail till July 13.
According to the remand application, submitted to the court by police, Danish worked in Muscat, where his employee had confiscated his passport.
Desperate to return to India, Danish got issued a fake passport in the name of one Abdul Rashid and took a flight from Muscat to New Delhi. He successfully cleared the emigration counter there without raising any doubt about his credentials.
But once in India, the immigration officials here grew suspicious of him as the name in his passport -- Abdul Rashid tallied to that of a person against whom the Indian authorities had issued a look-out notice.
A look-out notice is issued to alert authorities about a wanted criminal.
Even while confirming that he was not Abdul Rashid, the police arrested Danish for carrying a fake passport.
During the hearing, Danish told the court that he had procured the fake passport as his employer at Muscat had withheld his original passport.
He said his employer had destroyed his original passport there and had made him a captive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical