Man arrested with two country made pistols in Delhi
New Delhi: A man was arrested with two country made pistols after he was found moving suspiciously near Ajmeri Gate area here, police said on Tuesday.
Praveen Kumar Singh (38) was stopped by a police patrolling team after it found him moving suspiciously near Ajmeri Gate area. On search of his bag, two country made pistols with four magazines were recovered, they said.
"During interrogation, Singh told police that he had procured the pistol from persons named Sikander and Mehtab Alam in Munger, Bihar after he was referred to them by an acquaintance of his village in Sultanpur," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar said.
Singh`s questioning brought into light a unique `home delivery` system of procuring weapons, he said.
"The man told us he deposited Rs 23,000 in the account of a person in return of which he was delivered the pistols at his desired place," Kumar said, adding that investigation is on to unearth the racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah