Man arrested with two country made pistols in Delhi
New Delhi: A man was arrested with two country made pistols after he was found moving suspiciously near Ajmeri Gate area here, police said on Tuesday.
Praveen Kumar Singh (38) was stopped by a police patrolling team after it found him moving suspiciously near Ajmeri Gate area. On search of his bag, two country made pistols with four magazines were recovered, they said.
"During interrogation, Singh told police that he had procured the pistol from persons named Sikander and Mehtab Alam in Munger, Bihar after he was referred to them by an acquaintance of his village in Sultanpur," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar said.
Singh`s questioning brought into light a unique `home delivery` system of procuring weapons, he said.
"The man told us he deposited Rs 23,000 in the account of a person in return of which he was delivered the pistols at his desired place," Kumar said, adding that investigation is on to unearth the racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani