Man carrying reward for murder of police constable
New Delhi: A 26-year-old man, carrying a reward of Rs one lakh in the murder case of a Delhi Police head constable last year, has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
"Paras alias Vikram alias Goldy alias Pradhan, a sharp shooter of Neetu Dabodha gang and a resident of Panipat in Haryana, was arrested yesterday by Special Cell from near Nirankari complex on the outer ring road in Timarpur area," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP Special Cell said.
He was involved in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping-cum-murder, extortion and robbery. He had twice attacked police parties, Yadav said.
Paras had shot dead Head Constable Ram Kishan, posted at Kanjhawla, when he had stopped a luxury car for checking in November last year, Yadav said.
According to police, one Surender Malik alias Neetu was extorting from businessmen in Delhi and Haryana after he escaped from police custody in April last year.
He helped Paras escape from the custody of Punjab police in July last year from Sarai Rohilla. They had formed a syndicate along with four others and also committed kidnapping, car-jacking, robbery, and contract killing.
Police had managed to arrest some of his aides but Neetu and Paras could not be traced. Later Neetu was arrested, who revealed that he along with Paras, Alok Gupta and one Kale were involved in the killing of the head constable.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India