Man carrying reward for murder of police constable
New Delhi: A 26-year-old man, carrying a reward of Rs one lakh in the murder case of a Delhi Police head constable last year, has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
"Paras alias Vikram alias Goldy alias Pradhan, a sharp shooter of Neetu Dabodha gang and a resident of Panipat in Haryana, was arrested yesterday by Special Cell from near Nirankari complex on the outer ring road in Timarpur area," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP Special Cell said.
He was involved in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping-cum-murder, extortion and robbery. He had twice attacked police parties, Yadav said.
Paras had shot dead Head Constable Ram Kishan, posted at Kanjhawla, when he had stopped a luxury car for checking in November last year, Yadav said.
According to police, one Surender Malik alias Neetu was extorting from businessmen in Delhi and Haryana after he escaped from police custody in April last year.
He helped Paras escape from the custody of Punjab police in July last year from Sarai Rohilla. They had formed a syndicate along with four others and also committed kidnapping, car-jacking, robbery, and contract killing.
Police had managed to arrest some of his aides but Neetu and Paras could not be traced. Later Neetu was arrested, who revealed that he along with Paras, Alok Gupta and one Kale were involved in the killing of the head constable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar