Man chargsheeted for sending threatening SMSes to politicians
New Delhi: The Delhi Police has filed a charge sheet in a court here against a businessman accused of sending threatening text messages to politicians, including former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor.
The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash alleged that businessman Narender Khosla was involved in intimidating politicians by sending them SMSes using the SIM card procured on the name of a gym instructor Manik Verma in 2010.
Police said that the businessman had downloaded Verma`s photograph from his profile on the Internet to make a driving licence which was used as identity proof to obtain the SIM.
The charge sheet said the motive behind sending the threatening messages to politicians was to cause trouble for Verma who had an affair with a girl in whom Khosla was also interested.
The businessman has been charge sheeted under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code and under the Information Technology Act for using fake documents to get the SIM and for sending offensive messages.
Khosla`s employee Rohit, who prepared the fake licence and assisted him in the plan, has also been charge sheeted.
The court, meanwhile, has directed the Investigating Officer to "pursue the matter rigorously" with the Forensic Science Laboratory and place before it the results of forensic opinion on mobile phones and computer disks used by the accused.
Besides Tharoor, SMSes were also sent to CPM leader Brinda Karat, Defence Minister A K Antony and Bajaj Group chairman Rahul Bajaj, the charge sheet said.
Khosla had allegedly also prepared Verma`s fake profile on Internet portraying him as gay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical