Man, children die in `suicide pact` in Delhi
New Delhi: A man and his two children
died while his wife is battling for life a city hospital after
allegedly consuming poison with police suspecting a suicide
pact following a family dispute or financial crisis.
The incident was reported from West Delhi`s Mahaveer
Nagar in Tilak Nagar last night.
The couple gave poison to the children before
consuming it themselves.
The incident came to light when police received a call
informing that a young couple had committed suicide along with
Police rushed the four to hospital where Pramod (35),
a Delhi Jal Board employee, and two children -- Jia (2) and
Jatin (7 months) -- were declared brought dead.
Sonali (35) is battling for life at Deen Dayal
Upadhyay Hospital, a senior police official said.
Pramod and Sonali had married against the wishes of
their families four years ago. After the marriage, Pramod`s
parents had snapped all ties with them.
"Prima facie, it appears that some family dispute or
financial crisis led the couple to take the extreme step," the
A "suicide note" was recovered from the spot in which
the couple had written that no one was responsible for their
In the note, the couple also wrote that they were
taking with them their children because they felt that their
children would not be able to survive without them.
The exact reason behind the suicide is not known, as
Sonali is still critical and unfit to give any statement.
The police said that an SDM enquiry is being conducted
into the matter.
"The woman has not given statement to sub-divisional
magistrate who is conducting inquiry into the matter. The
reason behind the incident will be known after her statement
is recorded," the official said.
Post-mortem had been conducted and the report was
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists