Man commits suicide, police torture alleged
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide at his residence here with his family alleging that police atrocities forced him to take the extreme step.
Sukhbir, a resident of Rajeev Colony, hanged himself inside his room last night, police said.
The family members alleged that Sukhbir was often rounded up by the police for interrogation and annoyed over the issue he committed suicide.
Police, however, said that he was called to police station in connection with probe related to incidents of crime.
The body has been sent for post mortem, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH