Man commits suicide, police torture alleged
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide at his residence here with his family alleging that police atrocities forced him to take the extreme step.
Sukhbir, a resident of Rajeev Colony, hanged himself inside his room last night, police said.
The family members alleged that Sukhbir was often rounded up by the police for interrogation and annoyed over the issue he committed suicide.
Police, however, said that he was called to police station in connection with probe related to incidents of crime.
The body has been sent for post mortem, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi