Man commits suicide, police torture alleged
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old youth allegedly committed suicide at his residence here with his family alleging that police atrocities forced him to take the extreme step.
Sukhbir, a resident of Rajeev Colony, hanged himself inside his room last night, police said.
The family members alleged that Sukhbir was often rounded up by the police for interrogation and annoyed over the issue he committed suicide.
Police, however, said that he was called to police station in connection with probe related to incidents of crime.
The body has been sent for post mortem, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal