Man consumes poison outside BJP HQ over demand for poll ticket
New Delhi: Disappointed at being denied a ticket for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, a BJP supporter allegedly tried to commit suicide by consuming poison outside the party headquarters here this evening.
CR Gowda, who has claimed to be a BJP supporter from Karnataka, consumed poison outside the BJP headquarters at Ashoka Road.
He was admitted to hospital from where he has been now discharged after treatment, police said.
Gowda said he was promised a poll ticket, but had not received the same.
Police added that Gowda hails from Mandya in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements