Man convicted for throwing acid on girl
New Delhi: A man, who had thrown acid on a girl`s face after she had turned down his advances three years ago, has been held guilty of causing grievous injuries to her by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Manish Yaduvanshi convicted Sudesh, who had thrown acid on the face of a girl when she was going to her office in Vasant Kunj, on the ground that his previous conduct of stalking the victim "evokes suspicion".
"His (accused) previous conduct evokes suspicion. He had crossed the victim at the spot of occurrence. Immediately thereafter, the victim felt burning sensation.
"The chain of the events leave no room for doubt that the accused had thrown sulphuric acid, as indicated in the medical report, upon the victim thereby causing grievous injuries upon her," the court said.
The court is likely to pronounce its order on quantum of sentence next week. Sudesh was convicted for causing grievous hurt which entails life term as maximum punishment.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place in July 2009 when the victim, a resident of Paharganj, was going to her office and suddenly Sudesh crossed her and threw acid on her face.
The girl felt burning sensation and started screaming and when she turned around, Sudesh had ran away from the spot, the police said.
The prosecution said that the victim received grievous injuries and was taken to nearby hospital where she undergone surgeries.
The girl told the court that the accused used to reside in same area where she was living and prior to this incident, Sudesh used to follow her several times. She said that Sudesh had told her that he liked her and she had "blatantly" refused his proposal.
The man, however, denied his involvement in the case and said he was implicated due to enmity between the two families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow