Man convicted for throwing acid on girl
New Delhi: A man, who had thrown acid on a girl`s face after she had turned down his advances three years ago, has been held guilty of causing grievous injuries to her by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Manish Yaduvanshi convicted Sudesh, who had thrown acid on the face of a girl when she was going to her office in Vasant Kunj, on the ground that his previous conduct of stalking the victim "evokes suspicion".
"His (accused) previous conduct evokes suspicion. He had crossed the victim at the spot of occurrence. Immediately thereafter, the victim felt burning sensation.
"The chain of the events leave no room for doubt that the accused had thrown sulphuric acid, as indicated in the medical report, upon the victim thereby causing grievous injuries upon her," the court said.
The court is likely to pronounce its order on quantum of sentence next week. Sudesh was convicted for causing grievous hurt which entails life term as maximum punishment.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place in July 2009 when the victim, a resident of Paharganj, was going to her office and suddenly Sudesh crossed her and threw acid on her face.
The girl felt burning sensation and started screaming and when she turned around, Sudesh had ran away from the spot, the police said.
The prosecution said that the victim received grievous injuries and was taken to nearby hospital where she undergone surgeries.
The girl told the court that the accused used to reside in same area where she was living and prior to this incident, Sudesh used to follow her several times. She said that Sudesh had told her that he liked her and she had "blatantly" refused his proposal.
The man, however, denied his involvement in the case and said he was implicated due to enmity between the two families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan