Man detained after live bullet found in hand baggage at IGI Airport
New Delhi: A man was on Monday detained at the IGI Airport for allegedly carrying live bullet in his hand baggage while boarding a Dubai-bound plane.
"Ankit Kumar Yadav, a resident of Rohini Sector 9, was detained and handed over to police after CISF personnel found live round of .32 calibre gun from his hand baggage during security check," CISF spokesperson and Deputy Commandant Hemendra Singh said.
The incident happened around 9.30 AM at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport, when Yadav came for security check before boarding a Dubai-bound SpiceJet flight (SG 11).
Yadav claimed that he was not aware about the presence of bullet in his hand baggage.
"He was later handed over to police for further investigations," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands