Man detained after live bullet found in hand baggage at IGI Airport
New Delhi: A man was on Monday detained at the IGI Airport for allegedly carrying live bullet in his hand baggage while boarding a Dubai-bound plane.
"Ankit Kumar Yadav, a resident of Rohini Sector 9, was detained and handed over to police after CISF personnel found live round of .32 calibre gun from his hand baggage during security check," CISF spokesperson and Deputy Commandant Hemendra Singh said.
The incident happened around 9.30 AM at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport, when Yadav came for security check before boarding a Dubai-bound SpiceJet flight (SG 11).
Yadav claimed that he was not aware about the presence of bullet in his hand baggage.
"He was later handed over to police for further investigations," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss