Man detained after live bullet found in hand baggage at IGI Airport
New Delhi: A man was on Monday detained at the IGI Airport for allegedly carrying live bullet in his hand baggage while boarding a Dubai-bound plane.
"Ankit Kumar Yadav, a resident of Rohini Sector 9, was detained and handed over to police after CISF personnel found live round of .32 calibre gun from his hand baggage during security check," CISF spokesperson and Deputy Commandant Hemendra Singh said.
The incident happened around 9.30 AM at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport, when Yadav came for security check before boarding a Dubai-bound SpiceJet flight (SG 11).
Yadav claimed that he was not aware about the presence of bullet in his hand baggage.
"He was later handed over to police for further investigations," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP