Man detained after live bullet found in hand baggage at IGI Airport
New Delhi: A man was on Monday detained at the IGI Airport for allegedly carrying live bullet in his hand baggage while boarding a Dubai-bound plane.
"Ankit Kumar Yadav, a resident of Rohini Sector 9, was detained and handed over to police after CISF personnel found live round of .32 calibre gun from his hand baggage during security check," CISF spokesperson and Deputy Commandant Hemendra Singh said.
The incident happened around 9.30 AM at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport, when Yadav came for security check before boarding a Dubai-bound SpiceJet flight (SG 11).
Yadav claimed that he was not aware about the presence of bullet in his hand baggage.
"He was later handed over to police for further investigations," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers