Man electrocuted while entering ATM kiosk in Delhi
New Delhi: A 35-year-old man was electrocuted while entering an ATM kiosk in Holambi Kalan of outer Delhi on Saturday morning.
Police said that deceased has been identified as Syam Nath Dubey, a native of Uttar Pradesh.
The incident took place around 11.30 AM this morning when Dubey, who worked in a nearby factory and lived on a rented accomodation in the area, was entering the ATM kiosk for withdrawing money from it.
"When he was entering ATM kiosk by opening its door, he suddenly got an electric shock and fell unconscious. Seeing this, locals rushed him to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead," said a senior police officer.
An electric pole is also situated near the ATM kiosk and that could be the reason for the electrocution as it was raining heavily when the incident happened, the officer said.
"We are investigating if discom was at fault or the landlord was responsible for the negligence. Locals told police as he touched ATM kiosk`s door, he suddenly got electric shock and fell on ground," officer added.
Police said that they are, however, scanning the footage of CCTV installed inside the ATM kiosk to establish the sequence of event.
He further said that a case has been registered in this regard and further investigation is on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis