Man fatally throws down son from 3rd floor
New Delhi: An enraged man on Monday fatally threw his 18-month-old son from the third floor of his in-laws` house here after his estranged wife refused to return with him, police said.
The incident took place in New Usmanpur area in the morning.
Hari Om, who hails from Gujarat, had come to his in-laws` house to take back his wife who had left him after marital discord.
The wife, however, refused to return to Gujarat which enraged Hari Om, who then allegedly threw his son from the third floor of the residential building.
The child was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Hari Om did not want his wife and son to stay with his in-laws, and an argument with his wife over this led to the tragic incident, police said.
Police said the man has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what