Man fatally throws down son from 3rd floor
New Delhi: An enraged man on Monday fatally threw his 18-month-old son from the third floor of his in-laws` house here after his estranged wife refused to return with him, police said.
The incident took place in New Usmanpur area in the morning.
Hari Om, who hails from Gujarat, had come to his in-laws` house to take back his wife who had left him after marital discord.
The wife, however, refused to return to Gujarat which enraged Hari Om, who then allegedly threw his son from the third floor of the residential building.
The child was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Hari Om did not want his wife and son to stay with his in-laws, and an argument with his wife over this led to the tragic incident, police said.
Police said the man has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon