Man from J&K stabbed to death in North East Delhi
New Delhi: A 28-year-old man from Jammu and Kashmir was allegedly stabbed to death and the house he was staying set on fire, apparently to show it as an accidental death, in North East Delhi`s Seemapuri area this afternoon, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Sonu. He had come to Delhi around two months ago and was living at a relative`s place in Seemapuri and working as a helper with a private cab operator.
Seemapuri area this afternoon, police said.
The relatives had gone to Panipat for a function a couple of days ago and Sonu was alone at the house.
Two days ago, one of his friends had come from Jammu and Kashmir and was staying with him.
"Around 2:30 PM today, we got a call about fire at the house. When we reached the house and the fire was doused, the charred body of Sonu was recovered from the house. Initially it seemed that he died in the fire but later stab wounds were discovered on his neck and chest," said a police officer.
As his friend was untraceable, he is the prime suspect in the case and police believe that he is behind the entire act.
A case of murder has been registered and a manhunt has been launched to nab the friend, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez