Man from J&K stabbed to death in North East Delhi
New Delhi: A 28-year-old man from Jammu and Kashmir was allegedly stabbed to death and the house he was staying set on fire, apparently to show it as an accidental death, in North East Delhi`s Seemapuri area this afternoon, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Sonu. He had come to Delhi around two months ago and was living at a relative`s place in Seemapuri and working as a helper with a private cab operator.
Seemapuri area this afternoon, police said.
The relatives had gone to Panipat for a function a couple of days ago and Sonu was alone at the house.
Two days ago, one of his friends had come from Jammu and Kashmir and was staying with him.
"Around 2:30 PM today, we got a call about fire at the house. When we reached the house and the fire was doused, the charred body of Sonu was recovered from the house. Initially it seemed that he died in the fire but later stab wounds were discovered on his neck and chest," said a police officer.
As his friend was untraceable, he is the prime suspect in the case and police believe that he is behind the entire act.
A case of murder has been registered and a manhunt has been launched to nab the friend, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened