Man gets 10-years in jail for raping Air Force staffer`s wife
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man has been awarded 10 years` rigorous imprisonment by a Delhi court for raping and pouring hazardous "chemical" on the private parts of the wife of an Air Force staffer.
The convict, who was friendly with the 40-year-old victim`s husband, committed the heinous offence at her residence.
Additional Sessions Judge MC Gupta handed the jail term to Narayan, an agriculturist by profession and a resident of Bhalswa Dairy here, for the offence of rape and causing hurt to the woman by means of poison or corrosive substance.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on Narayan.
It also noted that the victim had made a "futile attempt" to conceal the fact of her rape by changing her statement before court.
"A conjoint reading of the said dependable part of the testimony of the prosecutrix (woman) so established on record, coupled with the DNA report... Clearly indicates that sexual intercourse activity has taken place in the case and it was none else but accused Narayan who has performed the act of sexual intercourse with the woman against her will.
"Prosecutrix has made a futile attempt to conceal the same," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place in the afternoon of September 10, 2012, when Narayan went to the woman`s house in the absence of her husband, who was posted in Mumbai, on the pretext of buying their motorcycle.
When the woman brought water for her, he caught hold of her and raped her and also poured some unknown chemical on her private parts due to which she felt pain and a burning sensation, it was alleged.
The woman, a mother of four children of whom two are in Army, narrated the incident to the doctors at a hospital following which police was notified and Narayan arrested.
The woman, however, changed her statement in court saying Narayan had come to her house and after some time left the premises. Later, she had felt giddy and went to sleep. When she awoke, she felt a burning sensation in her private parts and went to a nearby hospital, she said, adding that she does not know why the police was called
During the trial, Narayan claimed that he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note