Man gets 10 yrs jail for raping minor girl
New Delhi: A 28-year-old man has been jailed for 10 years by a fast track court for raping the minor daughter of his friend after entering his house.
Additional sessions judge M C Gupta sentenced Krishna, a resident of Daulat Pur in northwest Delhi, for raping the 13- year-old girl two years ago when her parents were not at home and she was sleeping.
"I am of the considered opinion that the ends of justice can be met by sentencing convict Krishna to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of 10 years," the judge said and also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 upon the convict.
According to the prosecution, Krishna trespassed the house of his friend in sector 26 of Rohini area here when he and his wife were not present there. He gagged the victim`s mouth with his hand and raped her, it said, adding that he had also injured her with blase and nails.
After hearing her cries, her siblings woke up and Krishna fled the spot, it said.
When the girl`s parents returned, she informed them about the incident and police was called. The girl had identified the accused when he was caught as she had seen his face at the time of the crime.
During the trial, Krishna, an auto driver, claimed that he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III