Man gets 10 yrs jail for raping minor girl
New Delhi: A 28-year-old man has been jailed for 10 years by a fast track court for raping the minor daughter of his friend after entering his house.
Additional sessions judge M C Gupta sentenced Krishna, a resident of Daulat Pur in northwest Delhi, for raping the 13- year-old girl two years ago when her parents were not at home and she was sleeping.
"I am of the considered opinion that the ends of justice can be met by sentencing convict Krishna to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of 10 years," the judge said and also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 upon the convict.
According to the prosecution, Krishna trespassed the house of his friend in sector 26 of Rohini area here when he and his wife were not present there. He gagged the victim`s mouth with his hand and raped her, it said, adding that he had also injured her with blase and nails.
After hearing her cries, her siblings woke up and Krishna fled the spot, it said.
When the girl`s parents returned, she informed them about the incident and police was called. The girl had identified the accused when he was caught as she had seen his face at the time of the crime.
During the trial, Krishna, an auto driver, claimed that he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border