Man gets 10 yrs jail for raping minor girl
New Delhi: A 28-year-old man has been jailed for 10 years by a fast track court for raping the minor daughter of his friend after entering his house.
Additional sessions judge M C Gupta sentenced Krishna, a resident of Daulat Pur in northwest Delhi, for raping the 13- year-old girl two years ago when her parents were not at home and she was sleeping.
"I am of the considered opinion that the ends of justice can be met by sentencing convict Krishna to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of 10 years," the judge said and also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 upon the convict.
According to the prosecution, Krishna trespassed the house of his friend in sector 26 of Rohini area here when he and his wife were not present there. He gagged the victim`s mouth with his hand and raped her, it said, adding that he had also injured her with blase and nails.
After hearing her cries, her siblings woke up and Krishna fled the spot, it said.
When the girl`s parents returned, she informed them about the incident and police was called. The girl had identified the accused when he was caught as she had seen his face at the time of the crime.
During the trial, Krishna, an auto driver, claimed that he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city