Man gets 7-yr jail term for raping step-daughter
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to seven years in jail by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping his step-daughter for over five months.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) J R Aryan held Aligarh native Dayal Kishan guilty of raping his 15-year-old step- daughter, ruing that the accused was non else but the victim`s step-father, who also threatened her with dire consequences to force her keep mum about the incident.
"Here is a case where the victim appears to be below 16 years of age and the accused is none else but her step father. In the given facts and circumstances, I award a sentence of seven years rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 1,000," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the minor used to reside in an orphanage and had come to stay with her mother and two younger siblings in May 2010. Her father had left them 12 years ago.
The girl had then came to know that her mother had married Dayal Kishan for a second time.
It said Kishan raped the girl first in May 2010 after making her drink a sedative-laced soft drink when she was alone in the house and her mother had gone out for work.
After raping the girl, the accused had threatened her that if she tells about the incident to anyone, he would kill her siblings.
The girl told the court that taking advantage of her silence, Kishan used to rape her two-three days in a week and she informed her mother about it in October 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India