Man gets 7-yr jail term for raping step-daughter
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to seven years in jail by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping his step-daughter for over five months.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) J R Aryan held Aligarh native Dayal Kishan guilty of raping his 15-year-old step- daughter, ruing that the accused was non else but the victim`s step-father, who also threatened her with dire consequences to force her keep mum about the incident.
"Here is a case where the victim appears to be below 16 years of age and the accused is none else but her step father. In the given facts and circumstances, I award a sentence of seven years rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 1,000," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the minor used to reside in an orphanage and had come to stay with her mother and two younger siblings in May 2010. Her father had left them 12 years ago.
The girl had then came to know that her mother had married Dayal Kishan for a second time.
It said Kishan raped the girl first in May 2010 after making her drink a sedative-laced soft drink when she was alone in the house and her mother had gone out for work.
After raping the girl, the accused had threatened her that if she tells about the incident to anyone, he would kill her siblings.
The girl told the court that taking advantage of her silence, Kishan used to rape her two-three days in a week and she informed her mother about it in October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read