Man gets life imprisonment for murdering friend
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a
man to life imprisonment for murdering his friend by hitting
him with a beer bottle and robbing Rs 10,000 from him.
"The evidence is conclusive in nature and lead to
single hypothesis of guilt of the accused, which is
inconsistent with the hypothesis of his innocence," Additional
Sessions Judge Atul Kumar Garg said.
While awarding the sentence, the court said the
deceased Inderpal`s car and mobile phone were recovered at the
instance of the accused Mahesh Chander and the presence of the
deceased`s blood on the shoe and other materials recovered
completed the chain of the circumstantial evidence.
After the murder, Mahesh, a resident of Mayur Vihar
area, fled away with money possessed by Inderpal. He was
arrested after 15 days on August 4, 2007 from Burari area at
the instance of an informer.
"The conduct of the accused of disappearing
subsequently after the incident established the fact that it
is the accused only who had run away after committing the
crime," the court said.
According to the police, Mahesh, his wife and children
had left the home of Inderpal, a contractor at a factory at
Noida, for the house of the accused in the evening of July 17.
However, Inderpal`s wife got a call from the police
late in the night saying her husband was lying at LBS hospital
where he died due to injuries afflicted by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read