Man gets life term for murder in Delhi
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to life term by a Delhi court for murdering a person to teach him a lesson for allegedly teasing a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Atul Kumar Garg awarded the punishment to South Moti Bagh resident Jitender Mahawar, who along with his juvenile friend had killed victim Deepak Thapa with bricks and stones in 2010.
"The circumstances detailed above form a complete chain of evidence leaving no gap for the accused to slip away. The evidence is conclusive in nature and lead to single hypothesis of guilt of the accused, which is inconsistent with the hypothesis of his innocence.
"Taking into account the aforesaid circumstances in consideration, I am of the considered view that prosecution has been able to prove that accused in furtherance of common intention with the juvenile had murdered deceased Deepak with stones," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, Mahawar and the juvenile had killed the victim on the night of December 13, 2010 under the Rao Tula Ram Flyover in South Delhi by repeatedly hitting him with bricks and stones.
The accused had murdered Deepak to teach him a lesson as he allegedly used to tease a girl known to them, it said, adding that the girl had complained to them about the victim`s behaviour.
The court noted that "both of them (accused and juvenile) disclosed that the girl was known to them and she had complained that Deepak used to tease her and so they had planned to teach a lesson to him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town