Man gets life term for murder in Delhi
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to life term by a Delhi court for murdering a person to teach him a lesson for allegedly teasing a girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Atul Kumar Garg awarded the punishment to South Moti Bagh resident Jitender Mahawar, who along with his juvenile friend had killed victim Deepak Thapa with bricks and stones in 2010.
"The circumstances detailed above form a complete chain of evidence leaving no gap for the accused to slip away. The evidence is conclusive in nature and lead to single hypothesis of guilt of the accused, which is inconsistent with the hypothesis of his innocence.
"Taking into account the aforesaid circumstances in consideration, I am of the considered view that prosecution has been able to prove that accused in furtherance of common intention with the juvenile had murdered deceased Deepak with stones," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, Mahawar and the juvenile had killed the victim on the night of December 13, 2010 under the Rao Tula Ram Flyover in South Delhi by repeatedly hitting him with bricks and stones.
The accused had murdered Deepak to teach him a lesson as he allegedly used to tease a girl known to them, it said, adding that the girl had complained to them about the victim`s behaviour.
The court noted that "both of them (accused and juvenile) disclosed that the girl was known to them and she had complained that Deepak used to tease her and so they had planned to teach a lesson to him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued