Man gets seven year prison term for rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday sentenced a
married man, having four children, to seven years imprisonment
for ravishing a minor girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Pratibha Rani also imposed a
fine of Rs 10,000 on Kuldeep Tyagi after holding him guilty of
rape under Section 376 of the IPC.
"The convict was already married and still he exploited a
teenaged girl. He did not hesitate in obtaining consent of
the girl despite having four children," the court said.
According to the prosecution, the victim, a resident of I
P Estate here, was kidnapped by Tyagi on April nine, 2008, and
enticed her to Shimla where she was made to establish
physical relations with him.
The victim`s father, who lodged a complaint with the
police, alleging that he had received a ransom call from the
convict demanding Rs 15 lakh for release of his 17-year-old
daughter, could not prove it before the court as call detail
records of his mobile did not support his charge.
The court relied upon the statement of the girl who
deposed that she had left her home on the date to visit
Connaught Place and was taken to Shimla by the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report