Man held for killing minor over TV volume
New Delhi: A man has been arrested for killing his 10-year-old brother-in-law when he refused to decrease the volume of the television set in his house, police said Monday.
Harish Chander was arrested from Bihar Sunday.
On the night of June 19, Chander, who came to Delhi for treatment, was watching television along with his minor brother-in-law at his house in west Delhi`s Chander Vihar area.
Chander got annoyed when the boy turned down his request of decreasing the TV volume, and attacked him with a stone, leading to his death. He then fled the scene.
Police said the accused was also not happy with his father-in-law who took Rs.30,000 from him but never returned the money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre