Man held for killing minor over TV volume
New Delhi: A man has been arrested for killing his 10-year-old brother-in-law when he refused to decrease the volume of the television set in his house, police said Monday.
Harish Chander was arrested from Bihar Sunday.
On the night of June 19, Chander, who came to Delhi for treatment, was watching television along with his minor brother-in-law at his house in west Delhi`s Chander Vihar area.
Chander got annoyed when the boy turned down his request of decreasing the TV volume, and attacked him with a stone, leading to his death. He then fled the scene.
Police said the accused was also not happy with his father-in-law who took Rs.30,000 from him but never returned the money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter