Man held for killing sister-in-law over affair
New Delhi: A 32-year-old man from Bihar has been arrested here on charges of murdering his widowed sister-in-law for having an illicit affair with his other brother, police said Saturday.
Mohammad Khursheed, who hails from Madhubani in Bihar, murdered his sister-in-law Afsana Khatoon, who he alleged developed an illicit affair with his elder brother Mohd. Hakim after the death of Khursheed`s younger brother and the woman`s husband Nazir.
Police said Afsana Khatoon was insisting that Hakim leave his wife and two sons in Mumbai and instead marry her.
This angered Khursheed, who along with other family members, killed Afsana Khatoon on the night of April 25 in Madhubani.
Police said Khursheed resided in Delhi with his family and after committing the murder, he initially fled to Nepal but returned home a few days later.
Police received information that Khursheed was in Delhi and he was arrested May 9 from a bus stand in Samaipur Badli area of west Delhi.
Khursheed worked at a private company in Delhi and stayed at a slum cluster in west Delhi`s Inderpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof