Man held for making hoax bomb call in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man has been arrested here for allegedly making a hoax call claiming that there would be a bomb explosion at Jama Masjid.
The accused, Subodh Singh, was arrested on Tuesday, police said. Police had on the night of April 7 received a call in the Control Room that a bomb would explode at Jama Masjid.
Senior police officials and personnel had rushed to the spot and searches were conducted but nothing suspicious was found, police said, adding it was a hoax call.
"After exhaustive enquiries the identity of the person was established," a senior police official said, adding that Subodh, who worked at Singh Tour and Travel Agency in Kashmeri Gate was arrested.
"On interrogation, Singh told us that he consumed alcohol at his home and under the influence of the liquor, he made the hoax call.
"The mobile phone along with sim card used in making the hoax call has also been recovered from his possession. The sim was registered in the name of his mother-in-law," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?