Man held for murder of sister-in-law
New Delhi: A man, who murdered his sister-in-law for having illicit relationship with his elder brother, has been arrested, Delhi police said today.
32-year-old Mohammad Khursheed had stabbed to death his sister-in-law Afsana Khatoon in Madhubani area of Bihar on April 25 and escaped to Nepal.
He was arrested yesterday when he returned from Nepal when he came to Delhi to meet his wife and children, Crime Branch of Delhi Police said.
Afsana developed illicit relationship with Khursheed`s elder brother Mohammad Hakim after the death of her husband and Khursheed`s younger brother Mohammad Nazir. She was pressurising Hakim to divorce his wife and disown his sons and marry her. When Khursheed came to know about this, he hatched a plan to murder her, a senior police officer said.
Khursheed used to stay with his family in Inder Puri area of Delhi and was arrested from near bus shelter of Samai Purl Badli, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets