Man held for murder of sister-in-law
New Delhi: A man, who murdered his sister-in-law for having illicit relationship with his elder brother, has been arrested, Delhi police said today.
32-year-old Mohammad Khursheed had stabbed to death his sister-in-law Afsana Khatoon in Madhubani area of Bihar on April 25 and escaped to Nepal.
He was arrested yesterday when he returned from Nepal when he came to Delhi to meet his wife and children, Crime Branch of Delhi Police said.
Afsana developed illicit relationship with Khursheed`s elder brother Mohammad Hakim after the death of her husband and Khursheed`s younger brother Mohammad Nazir. She was pressurising Hakim to divorce his wife and disown his sons and marry her. When Khursheed came to know about this, he hatched a plan to murder her, a senior police officer said.
Khursheed used to stay with his family in Inder Puri area of Delhi and was arrested from near bus shelter of Samai Purl Badli, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal, others
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression