Man held for raping woman in Delhi hotel
New Delhi: An assistant manager with Delhi power discom BSES was Sunday arrested for raping a 20-year-old woman at gun-point inside a hotel here after luring her on the pretext of a job interview, police said.
The woman made a call to the police control room (PCR) at 2.16 pm and said she was raped inside a hotel room in Mahipalpur area of south Delhi.
Kishan Dabas, a 45-year-old assistant manager with the BSES, was arrested from the hotel room, police said.
A licensed pistol used by the man during the offence has been seized, they said.
"The call was made from outside a hotel in Mahipalpur. After receiving the call, a police team immediately reached the place where they found the woman. She told police she had come to the hotel with Dabas who had promised her a job," a police official said.
The woman said she was taken to room No.304 of the hotel, where Dabas raped her at gun-point and threatened her with dire consequences if she raised an alarm or informed police about the matter.
Initial investigation into the case revealed that the woman met Dabas around five months ago through a common contact. Dabas befriended the woman on the pretext of helping her in getting a job.
Dabas is a resident of Bawana in north Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!