Man held with 1.2 kg gold at IGI airport
New Delhi: A man has been arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle into the country 1.2 kg of gold bars at Indira Gandhi International airport here.
The accused, a native of Ghaziabad, was intercepted by customs officers after his arrival from Bangkok yesterday late night.
On thorough personal search of the passenger, who is in his early thirties, 16 gold bars were found concealed inside the insoles of the shoes worn by him.
"The recovered gold bars totally weighed 1,220 grams (about 1.2 kg) and was collectively valued at Rs 28.77 lakh," a customs official said.
The gold bars were seized and the passenger was arrested, he said, adding that further investigation was continuing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India