Man held with 50 live cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: A man has been arrested with 50 live cartridges in his baggage at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said on Thursday.
Gautam Gianchandani, who was to board Air India flight (AI 893) to Hyderabad, was arrested late last night after 50 live cartridges were found in his checked-in baggage by the baggage handling team of the airport operator DIAL at Terminal 3, a senior official said.
Gianchandani had neither declared at the airline`s check- in counter that he had 50 cartridges in his luggage nor did he produced any valid documents of the same.
The passenger was arrested under Arms Act, 1959 and Airport Act, 1954 as per the directive of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
Gianchandani said that his arms licence was with him at his house and he would produce the same, the official said.
Of the 50 cartridges, 10 are of .12 bore make while rest are 7 MM cartridges, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa