Man held with 50 live cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: A man has been arrested with 50 live cartridges in his baggage at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said on Thursday.
Gautam Gianchandani, who was to board Air India flight (AI 893) to Hyderabad, was arrested late last night after 50 live cartridges were found in his checked-in baggage by the baggage handling team of the airport operator DIAL at Terminal 3, a senior official said.
Gianchandani had neither declared at the airline`s check- in counter that he had 50 cartridges in his luggage nor did he produced any valid documents of the same.
The passenger was arrested under Arms Act, 1959 and Airport Act, 1954 as per the directive of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
Gianchandani said that his arms licence was with him at his house and he would produce the same, the official said.
Of the 50 cartridges, 10 are of .12 bore make while rest are 7 MM cartridges, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video