Man held with 50 live cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: A man has been arrested with 50 live cartridges in his baggage at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said on Thursday.
Gautam Gianchandani, who was to board Air India flight (AI 893) to Hyderabad, was arrested late last night after 50 live cartridges were found in his checked-in baggage by the baggage handling team of the airport operator DIAL at Terminal 3, a senior official said.
Gianchandani had neither declared at the airline`s check- in counter that he had 50 cartridges in his luggage nor did he produced any valid documents of the same.
The passenger was arrested under Arms Act, 1959 and Airport Act, 1954 as per the directive of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
Gianchandani said that his arms licence was with him at his house and he would produce the same, the official said.
Of the 50 cartridges, 10 are of .12 bore make while rest are 7 MM cartridges, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'