Man held with 50 live cartridges at IGI airport
New Delhi: A man has been arrested with 50 live cartridges in his baggage at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport here, police said on Thursday.
Gautam Gianchandani, who was to board Air India flight (AI 893) to Hyderabad, was arrested late last night after 50 live cartridges were found in his checked-in baggage by the baggage handling team of the airport operator DIAL at Terminal 3, a senior official said.
Gianchandani had neither declared at the airline`s check- in counter that he had 50 cartridges in his luggage nor did he produced any valid documents of the same.
The passenger was arrested under Arms Act, 1959 and Airport Act, 1954 as per the directive of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
Gianchandani said that his arms licence was with him at his house and he would produce the same, the official said.
Of the 50 cartridges, 10 are of .12 bore make while rest are 7 MM cartridges, police said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note