Man hit by metro while crossing tracks, services disrupted
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man suffered head injuries after he was hit by a moving train while trying to illegally cross the tracks at a Metro station in central Delhi leading to disruption of services on the busy Noida Line during the evening rush hours.
The incident led to a chaotic situation at the Rajiv Chowk, the busiest station in the network, as hundreds of passengers were stranded at platforms waiting for trains to reach their homes after work.
The station in the heart of the capital sees a footfall of over 5 lakh a day and is the major inter-change station in the Metro network.
At around 5.45 PM, the man was trying to illegally cross the tracks at R K Ashram Marg station near Karol Bagh to reach from one platform to another when he was hit by the train.
The alert driver swiftly applied the Emergency Break (EB) and the man was taken out from underframe with head injuries. He was rushed to RML hospital.
The incident led to delay in services from 5.45 PM to 6.10 PM and bunching of trains. Passengers claimed that trains were delayed by at least 30 minutes and the situation at Rajiv Chowk was chaotic.
Long queques were witnessed at other busy stations on the corridor, that carries over 7 lakh people every day, and passengers were stranded for a while.
Walking on the tracks or crossing the tracks is unauthorised in Delhi Metro premises. Of late the new age transport system has been witnessing a number of suicide incidents at its premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'