Man involved in snatching Rs 3 lakh from kidney patient held
New Delhi: A 42-year-old man, allegedly
involved in more than 50 criminal cases including the recent
snatching of Rs three lakh from a kidney patient outside
AIIMS, was arrested here, police said today.
Sanjeev alias Lala was apprehended from a south Delhi
locality yesterday on a tip off, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
Lala along with one of his associates on March 10 had
snatched a bag containing Rs three lakh from one Savitri Devi
from the AIIMS premises who had come to see the doctor for
kidney operation in AIIMS.
"Lala and his associates zeroed in on this woman and when
she came out, one of them pulled the bag and threw it outside
the boundary wall towards the other person who was already
standing there. Later they vanished from the spot," Dhaliwal
During investigation, it came to light that a stout built
person in early forties with a limping leg was also seen
running away along with the two accomplices.
"We zeroed in on the person and arrested him and was
later identified as Lala," Dhaliwal said.
During interrogation, he claimed, Lala told them that he
along with his associates Sachin and Ravi mainly targeted
people near hospitals or banks where they came to deposit
"They used to watch and chase the person carrying money
and at lonely places they stop and snatch the bag containing
cash. After snatching the bag, they passed it on to their
accomplice standing on the other side of road," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?