Man jailed for 10 years for raping widow
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man has been sent to 10 years in jail by a Delhi court for raping a widow after trespassing into her house.
The court awarded the rigorous imprisonment to Neeraj, a farmer, and also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
"The prosecution has been able to bring the guilt home to accused Neeraj beyond shadows of all reasonable doubts," Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta said.
According to the prosecution, Neeraj had forcibly entered inside the woman`s house in night in May 2009 when her two children had been out.
The 29-year-old woman had told the court that Neeraj, resident of Bawana, was known to her as they belonged to same village. She said Neeraj had trespassed into her house and after gagging her, raped her.
She then managed to push him and escape from the room, locking it from outside, the woman said, adding that she took the mobile phone of her tenant and called police.
She had said that in order to flee, Neeraj removed the AC of her room and tried to jump but he fell down from the stairs and got injured. He was arrested by the police.
During the trial, Neeraj claimed he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
The court, however, convicted him for raping the woman by relying on the medical records of the victim. He was also held guilty of the offence of house trespass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015