Man jailed for 10 years for raping widow
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man has been sent to 10 years in jail by a Delhi court for raping a widow after trespassing into her house.
The court awarded the rigorous imprisonment to Neeraj, a farmer, and also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
"The prosecution has been able to bring the guilt home to accused Neeraj beyond shadows of all reasonable doubts," Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta said.
According to the prosecution, Neeraj had forcibly entered inside the woman`s house in night in May 2009 when her two children had been out.
The 29-year-old woman had told the court that Neeraj, resident of Bawana, was known to her as they belonged to same village. She said Neeraj had trespassed into her house and after gagging her, raped her.
She then managed to push him and escape from the room, locking it from outside, the woman said, adding that she took the mobile phone of her tenant and called police.
She had said that in order to flee, Neeraj removed the AC of her room and tried to jump but he fell down from the stairs and got injured. He was arrested by the police.
During the trial, Neeraj claimed he was innocent and was falsely implicated in the case.
The court, however, convicted him for raping the woman by relying on the medical records of the victim. He was also held guilty of the offence of house trespass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security