Man jailed for 10 yrs for raping minor in farmhouse in Delhi
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a man to 10 years in jail for raping a minor when she was alone at a farmhouse here.
Additional sessions judge Virender Bhat convicted Uttar Pradesh resident Nand Kumar and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him, saying he made the 16-year-old victim a soft target for satisfying his lust.
"It is apparent from the record that the convict found the prosecutrix alone in her room on the day of incident and made her a soft target for satisfying his sexual lust.
"The victim pleaded for mercy but the convict did not pay heed to her entreaties and continued with his sinister act. At that time, the convict did not realise even for a second that he himself is a father of four daughters and the victim aged 16 years, at that time, was also like his daughter," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, 52-year-old Kumar had raped the victim in February last year when she was alone in a room of the farmhouse, where she was residing with her family.
The victim`s father, who was working as a gardener at the farmhouse, lodged a complaint with the police alleging that Kumar, who was working in a neighbouring farmhouse, came to his daughter`s room when he and his wife were away for some work and raped her.
The counsel for accused pleaded the judge to take lenient view against Kumar, saying he is the only bread winner in his family and if sent to jail, his family would starve to death.
The judge observed that the convict was not in an "inebriated condition at the time of commission of offence and thus evidently his act was well deliberated upon".
The court also said the crime committed by the convict was intensely grave and serious in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users