Man jailed for 10 yrs for raping, sodomising step daughter
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to 10 years in jail for repeatedly raping and sodomising his minor step daughter by a Delhi court which said "childhood across the country is at risk".
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg awarded the jail term to 35-year-old man, resident of east Delhi, and observed that recent "horrific incidents" of rape have created a "furore" in the society.
"The victim in this case is just aged about 13 years and step daughter of the convict. She was repeatedly subjected to horrific and sadistic sexual assault. A recent report by Asian Centre for Women Rights says that incidents of child rape have multiplied in the last decade.
"The recent horrific incidents of rape have created a furore in the society. It appears across the nation that childhood is at risk. The children of this age are vulnerable and are easy prey to such sexual assaults," the court said.
According to the prosecution, the girl`s mother had lodged a complaint with police last year alleging that the accused, whom she married after the death of her first husband, has been sexually abusing her elder daughter, 13, since 2010.
On February 27, 2012, the New Ashok Nagar resident again tried to rape the minor but she ran away and complained to a neighbour about it, the police said, adding that the accused used to threaten her not to disclose his activities to anyone.
The girl had said that her step father was an alcoholic.
During the trial, the accused claimed he was falsely implicated in the case as the girl was having an affair with a boy and when he objected to it, she lodged a case against him.
The court said the convict does not deserve any leniency and held him guilty for rape and unnatural offence and also impsoed a fine of Rs 3,000 on him.
It directed the East Delhi Legal Service Authority to pay compensation to the victim as per provisions of guidelines of Delhi Government under Victim Compensation Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday