Man jailed for eight years for repeatedly raping daughter
New Delhi: A man has been jailed for eight years by a Delhi court for repeatedly raping his 17-year-old daughter and threatening her not to disclose the incident to anyone.
Additional Sessions Judge T R Naval sentenced Northeast Delhi resident, saying the convict, who was supposed to protect his daughter, had repeatedly committed the crime when her mother, who later on died, was admitted in a hospital.
"Keeping in view the submissions and all relevant factors and circumstances in which the accused committed crime, it would be just and appropriate if deterrent view in sentence is taken as the father, who is supposed to protect his daughter, has committed sexual assault on her repeatedly particularly when the mother of the victim was seriously ill and lying in a hospital.
"Accordingly, the convict is sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for eight years for the offence under section 376 (rape) of the IPC," the court said.
It imposed a fine of Rs 7,000 on the convict and said, if realised, Rs 5,000 be given to the girl as compensation.
"Besides this compensation, she will also be entitled to get other compensation, if available to her under other laws," the court said.
According to prosecution, the incident took place when the girl`s mother, who was suffering from TB, was admitted to a hospital and the victim after taking care of her mother, used to return home at night in June 2011.
The girl had told the court that on the night of June 17, 2011, her father raped her and thereafter threatened to kill her if she disclosed about it to anyone. She had also said that the accused, father of three kids, used to rape her every night for almost a month and after the death of her mother, she disclosed the incident to her aunt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi