Man jumps before Delhi Metro train, has miraculous escape
New Delhi: A 40-year-old man jumped in front of a Delhi Metro train here Sunday evening but escaped without any serious injury due to the driver`s prompt action in stopping, officials said.
The incident led to train services on the Blue line (Noida City Centre-Dwarka) being disrupted for about 20 minutes.
"Asif, a resident of Sadar Bazar, was standing at platform number 2 on RK Ashram Marg Metro Station, in central Delhi, when he suddenly jumped onto the tracks in front of the train heading towards Dwarka," said a Metro official.
The alert train driver, seeing a man on the track, instantly applied the brakes, the official said.
Asif was admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where his condition was said to be out of danger.
Police said no suicide note was found on him and they were waiting for his statement to ascertain the reason for his action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview