Man jumps before Delhi Metro train, has miraculous escape
New Delhi: A 40-year-old man jumped in front of a Delhi Metro train here Sunday evening but escaped without any serious injury due to the driver`s prompt action in stopping, officials said.
The incident led to train services on the Blue line (Noida City Centre-Dwarka) being disrupted for about 20 minutes.
"Asif, a resident of Sadar Bazar, was standing at platform number 2 on RK Ashram Marg Metro Station, in central Delhi, when he suddenly jumped onto the tracks in front of the train heading towards Dwarka," said a Metro official.
The alert train driver, seeing a man on the track, instantly applied the brakes, the official said.
Asif was admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where his condition was said to be out of danger.
Police said no suicide note was found on him and they were waiting for his statement to ascertain the reason for his action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley
- AAP leaders defend Bhagwant Mann, say similar videos available on Lok Sabha website
- UNBELIEVABLE! 4-year-old boy selected to play for U-12 cricket team
- Cristiano Ronaldo might win the Ballon d'Or but Lionel Messi is the best: Luis Suarez
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief