Man jumps before Metro train at Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a metro train at Chandni Chowk station here on Tuesday morning, police said.
As per police, the incident took place at around 11:30 am and the deceased has been identified as Manoj, a resident of Prem Nagar in Outer Delhi.
"Manoj left his house on a motorcycle with his father Devender Behra. He dropped his father at Nangloi and took metro to reach Chandni Chowk Metro station where he jumped in front of an approaching metro. The driver of the train applied emergency breaks but it was too late by then," said a senior police official.
According to a Metro spokesperson, his mutilated body was taken out of the train`s frame. Metro traffic on the Jahangirpuri-Huda City Centre line was hit due to the incident for around 15-20 minutes.
Policemen recovered a purported suicide note from the pocket of the deceased which was in pieces and difficult to read it. "My parents should not be held guilty for my extreme step," this is what could be made out of what remains of the paper, said a police official.
Kumar was pursuing a computer course from a private institute and was unmarried. He was probably depressed as he was not getting married. The body has been sent for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray