Man jumps before Metro train, dies
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man died on Thursday when he jumped before a Delhi Metro train pulling out of a station, briefly affecting the train services, police said.
Desh Raj, a resident of Uttam Nagar in west Delhi, was an employee in a sweet shop.
The incident took place at the Uttam Nagar West Metro station. "No suicide note (was) recovered from his possession," a police officer said.
The incident took place at 12.16 pm as the train was leaving towards Rajiv Chowk.
There was a 10-minute delay in train services due to the incident, a Metro official told a news agency.
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba